This letter will give you some helpful information on matters related to counseling services and scheduling for 7th graders (next year’s 8th graders).
Counselors are still meeting with students virtually, as if they were in school, via Zoom (a free videoconferencing app). If you would like to schedule a zoom meeting, please let any of the counselors know.
Please find below some important information regarding schedule requests.
- Before trying to select classes, please make sure you have thoroughly watched/listened to the tutorial found online and emailed out.
- Please refer to the course request form while you are inputting your classes on Aspire.
- When you are inputting your requests, it’s easiest to put in the course number (listed to the right of the course name). If you can’t find the course by the number, THEN try putting in the name. This will avoid confusion about having 2 different class options listed for a particular class (for example, outdoor survival will be listed twice on Aspire. If you refer to the course request paper, you will see that it specifies one is for girls, and one is for boys.)
- Part of the tutorial is an explanation about passwords for Aspire. Classes must be chosen through the STUDENT’S Aspire account. Classes cannot be requested through a parent account. Please refer to the tutorial online for more information.
- You will not be able to select honors classes on Aspire. You will need to fill out the honors applications (one for each subject you would like honors for) and turn it back in to the school. ALL information is on the website.
- If you are unsure of your band/orchestra class, please do your best to select the one you THINK you need. We will evaluate and you will be placed in the correct class at the beginning of the school year
- Being a TA is LIMITED and NOT GUARANTEED. TA’s will be approved based on grades and attendance from 7th grade.
- You are not guaranteed to get the classes you select. You will be given a chance before school starts to change classes once you have a schedule. This will not happen until July at the EARLIEST, and could be as late as the 2nd week of August.
If you have further questions that are not answered here or on our website, please reach out to a counselor.
Thank you! Stay safe and healthy!
~ The counselors at CNJJHS