Counselors Assistance Team (CAT) is a student-led community service organization that operates under school regulations and draws its members from students at Clarke N. Johnsen. School Counselors serve as advisers to members of CAT. A Kiwanis Builders Club, composed of service-oriented people from the community, serves as the club’s sponsor.
How to Join
Pick up a permission slip in the counseling office if you want to be a CAT Member!
CAT meetings will be held once a month, every second Tuesday, right after school. We will announce the location as each date gets closer.
- September 10
- October 8
- November 12
- December 7 Santa Parade
- December 10
- January 14
- February 11
- March 10
- April 14
- May 12
What We Do
- Sit by new students at lunch
- Birthday letters to students
- Reading program at elementary school
- Santa Parade Float
- To provide opportunities for working together in service to school and community.
- To develop leadership potential.
- To foster the development of strong moral character.
- To encourage loyalty to school, community and nation.
- Character building: The ability to do the right thing, even when it might be the unpopular choice.
- Leadership: The ability to listen, communicate, serve and guide others.
- Inclusiveness: Accepting and welcoming differences in other people.
- Caring: The act of being concerned about or interested in other people or situations.