Dear Parents, Caregivers, Faculty and Staff,
I have attached the updated guidance from state and local health officials. We have just watched the Governor’s press conference and received this new update.
The Superintendent’s Executive Staff, as authorized by our Board of Education, will be instituting the following restrictions in accordance with these recommendations. We will continue to stay in close contact with state and local health department and our school admins. We will reevaluate daily and send out regular updates. The ban on these activities and events will not be lifted until after March 27, 2020.
1. All out of state travel (students and staff) will be canceled effective immediately through Friday, March 27, 2020 (2-week recommendation).
2. All gatherings and meetings of crowds above 100 will be canceled (students and staff) through March 27, 2020. Persons who are elderly and or otherwise compromised have been recommended to not attend any crowd gatherings about 20.
3. UHSAA sanctioned events and games are also canceled until at least March 27, 2020. This included games, practices, and tournaments and is effective immediately.
4. “Parents as Partners” series will be canceled for all of March 2020 as well as all professional development offerings and in or out of state training.
5. Schools should cancel any large crowd assemblies or pep rallies, etc. We are being asked to limit
group sizes at this point.
As always, parents (and legal caregivers) have the right to final approval and decision making with regards to the safety and security of their children. We are currently looking into online/remote educational options for students in the event of school closures. At this point, there are no recommendations to close schools, but that may change with updated guidelines.
Please know that the safety and well-being of our students, staff, and families is our top concern.
Dr. Scott A. Rogers
3/12/2020. 2:13 PM